Good and Bad Electronic Companies
Electronic Companies...Good Or Bad?
XM Satellite: good
The Apple Store: good
Comcast Cablevision: not so good
Sony Corporation: good
Microsoft Corporation: not so good, not so bad
1) UNICCO, Integrated Facilities Services- Respect Environment!!
-UNICCO Service Company provides facility maintenance, progressive management, and employee training and development.
-Green Clean Program to ensure that facilities reach LEED requirements
Click here to find out why the Green Cleaning Program is so important.
-use certified chemicals, tools, processes, training, service, and support
- helps companies provide guaranteed cleaning services
-lighting systems designed top reduce manpower, electricity costs
-95% customer retention rate
-#16 on Top 200 Employers
XM Satellite Radio
-XM Satellite Radio
The Apple Store
As a result of Apple's recycling program, over 7,100 tons of hazardous waste has been diverted. Click here to find out more information
Apple posted a list of banned chemicals for their manufacturing processes.
- Arsenic (As)
- Chromium VI
- Polychlorinated terphenyls (PCTs)
- Polychlorinated dibenzodioxins (PCDDs)
- Polychlorinated dibenzofurans (PCDFs)
- Mercury (Hg), except for backlight lamps
- Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs)
- Short-chain chlorinated paraffins (SCCPs)
- Cadmium (Cd)
- Polybrominated biphenyls (PBBs)
- Polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs)
- Chemicals Banned From Manufacturing Processes
- Chlorinated organic solvents (e.g., dichloromethane, methyltrichloride, trichloroethylene, tetrachloroethylene, etc.)
- Ozone depleting substances (ODCs), per the Montreal Protocol on Substances That Deplete the Ozone Layer
Microsoft Corporation...some good and bad qualities.
- Worlds #1 software company
-Gates Foundation on charities worldwide; Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation puts an emphasis on global health; has changes the way charities do business for the better (evaluation)
b. Read More on Microsoft's interest in global health.
-Have implemented the “Katrina Safe” system.
Microsoft has bad labor and human rights issues
c. Click here to find out more.
Did you know?
For more than 10 years, Microsoft delayed their court-ordered 97$ million payoffs to their “permatemps”
-Permatemps are temporary workers who weren’t given regular benefits that were given to the employees.
Let's face it. We can't live without television. But we can think about the television services we use. Become t.v. savvy and read some shocking facts and stories.
The following companies listed are the worst electronic companies, based on our research.
1) Comcast Cablevision- Below, are some interesting facts.
-largest cable television company in the US (has 26.1 million subscribers); 53% rating on buyblue. Click here to see its only coporate policy: diversity.
Here is the not so good part about Comcast...
It is rated as one of the top union busting companies in the United States. Click here for more information.
-bought AT&T cable in 2002
-have been pushing for decertification elections
- In addition, CWA (Communication Workers of America) have been rejected by Comcast, why 2000 employees have lost their voice over the past two years. Click here to see this article.
-Have fired those employees, spread lies, etc.
Go ahead...Try Sony products.
Click here to see why they care for their employees and their environment.
Click here to see why. Forbes Magazine ranks Sony at third place for social responsibility.